Sunday, January 3, 2010

Snowboard Resolution 09-10 †

Hey everybody, sorry I haven't posted in a while. Life has been kinda crazy with Christmas and new years and everything.

Hope everyone had an awesome Christmas break... I sure did! Lots of snowboarding, and good friends. For new years I went snowboarding with some good friends of mine. We went on Wednesday though, because I didn't really want to be out driving new years eve with all the drunk drivers everywhere.


As we go into a new year, a new decade, we often think of resolutions and such. As far as new years resolutions go... I don't really make a big deal with that kinda thing. BUT I do want to tell about a "resolution" or decision that I have made for this snowboarding season and this new year.

Snowboarding, as many of you know, is a big deal to me. It's what I do. In the winter, I live and breath snowboarding.

Now, snowboarding, in it's self, is not a bad thing. But if anything, (whether it be snowboarding... videogames... a relationship... whatever) becomes what consumes your thoughts... and becomes first priority in your life, there IS something wrong. As a Christian, anything that takes first place... or even causes us to take our sight off Christ and onto ourselves, is an idol.


In the past snowboarding has become that in my life. Also hanging out with the wrong kind of people while snowboarding, I have seen myself beginning to act and think completely opposite to the TRUTH of God's word.


This year... I have made a "deal" with God about snowboarding. I have resolved to give God everything. And to make it about GOD and the bigger picture of SAVING SOULS for his glory, instead of about ME and my little kingdom of my fun and my pride. Praying each time I go for safety and that God would keep my heart open to him so that he can use me as a tool to reach souls. Because really... that's all that lasts.


I have "Jesus" all over my snowboard and my clothes. And people see it and talk to me about it quite often... that's my ministry. Guys, we need to be using WHATEVER it is that we do... for the GLORY OF OUR GOD. So that people will see him in us and his LOVE shining through us.


Just a thought....

KEEP IT EXTREME,
I'M OUT † †

2 comments:

Sarah Elaine Albright said...

great pictures =) and some great thoughts too

Scott Paris said...

Sounds like this "deal" is a good one! I will definitely be praying for you and your ministry to snowboarding people! Keep it up!