Wednesday, December 23, 2009

New Song I Wrote

IF ONLY


Verse 1:

Me and you, and us forever

Maybe soon, or maybe never

We live and we dream, we hope and we scheme

But our plans, don’t last forever


Chorus:

If only, if only, if only life were this easy

If only, God would show me, where we would be

But faith, is what I cannot see

If only


Verse 2:

I have my plans, what my life is for

But so do you, God you have more

You made me, you love me, your ways are above me

I can’t wait to see, what you have in store


Bridge:

If only things could stay, stay this way

But you give me strength, for each new day

Lord, be my guide, cuz this faith is blind

Take your will, and make it mine

2 comments:

~Amy Thomson~ said...

Hey Cody!

I found your blog through "100% Surrendered?"

Awesome song!! I have a friend who also writes songs, though I haven't heard any of them!

In Christ Alone,

Amy Thomson

Scott Paris said...

Love the lyrics! I'll bet the music is just as good!