Friday, June 4, 2010

"This longing" †


Hey guys here's one out of the three songs I've written this week.

"This longing"


(verse 1)
You are more lovely than anything my eyes can see
You are more beautiful than anything this world can offer me
The glory of your majesty is shining like the sun
(chorus)
You are the one I long for, You are the one I need
Nothing on earth can satisfy this longing inside of me
The things of this world will never last, the pleasures of the day
But the joy of the Lord is eternal, it will never fade away

(verse 2)
Lord sometimes I'm blinded by my sinful lusts and my selfish pride
But I'm dead to sin and alive in Christ, and that is why my Savior died
All I want, is all you are, so remind me once again
(bridge)
This world is so blinding, its sparkling and shining,
But lies are all it has to sell
But your love is higher, and you shine much brighter,
And you stand where I only fell

0 comments: