Saturday, September 12, 2009

Extreme Summer?

WOW! So, I have been SUPER busy this summer and I haven't posted at all! (actually I confess, I pretty much forgot about it all together... with all the things that have been happening)

BUT, now that school is started again and life is more (ideally) routine, I'll be able to be posting again.

So let me "explain"... no, there is too much, let me "sum up" (haha a little movie trivia for ya there, that would be Princess Bride)

For most of the summer I worked at Lamoka Lake Baptist Camp in Tyrone, NY as the boat dock manager person. About 8 weeks, although I didn't end up working every single week. Camp is so fun and crazy and it would be basically impossible to begin to describe all the crazy, extreme things that went down.




Mid July I went to Teen Leadership Conference at Baptist Bible College in Clark's Summit, PA. It was my 3rd year going there and as usual, it was INCREDIBLE. God really challenged me through it more than I had expected and I really got to bond with some of the kids in my youth group.

AND got to skateboard again ALL WEEK. It was basically the first time actually skateboarding since I busted my ankle, so it like heaven for me! Exept my ankle was still really weak so it hurt a lot of the time so I kept it rapped up. We filmed all week and got hours of skate footy so my friend and main filmer these days, Luke Myers edited a skate movie of the week! check it out.

CLICK THIS AND WATCH IT!



Altho I must say I could barely land any of my flip tricks anymore after not skating for 2 months and my ankle being really weak so its mostly all basic gaps and small stairs, fun stuff though.

BUT MOST OF ALL, this summer the most extreme thing for me has been growing WAY closer in my relationship with JESUS CHRIST MY SAVIOR! Its been AWESOME.

So thats a glimpse of my extreme summer.

Keepin it real,
Keepin it EXTREME,
I'M OUT

2 comments:

Pastor Mike Paris said...

Cody,
I am bummed that your summer was cut so short by low attendances. I am stoked that you stepped out and took a ministry opportunity like this -- it is the culmination of a whole bunch of investments into your life by people that care about your spiritual life -- inc. me!
Thanks for being passionate about skateboarding and for being more passionate about Jesus Christ!!!
Love you man! Pastor Mike

Scott Paris said...

Sounds like this last summer was a ton of fun! Thanks for hanging with me at TLC!