Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Change

This is a song I wrote today, I really like it, too bad I type music, because the tune is pretty sweet too. Enjoy :D

VERSE 1:
They say change, act like they do,
You begin to think its true,
That who you are is second rate,
You’re filled with fear and filled with hate,

Now who you are is what you aren’t,
And you’re about to fall apart,
So drop this act and end this show,
Just be yourself and let it go….

CHORUS:
You don’t have to change for me,
(I’ll love you anyway), just wait and see,
You can just be your self, it’s what God made you to be,
You don’t have to change, Oh please don’t change for me.

VERSE 2:
You’re not this, and you’re not that,
You’re too thin or you’re too fat,
If words could kill than you’d be dead,
All these thoughts inside your head,

You talk too fast, or talk to slow,
I don’t care, I hope you know,
Cuz it’s not true, and they’re all wrong,
You’re my friend, so hear this song…..

CHORUS

VERSE 3:
When they say no, God says yes,
You don’t have to be the best,
Cuz he loves you for who you are,
He’s in control and never far,

He sent his son to Calvary,
Gave his life, so you’d be free,
But he’s alive, he’s not dead,
This is what he has said…..

Alternate chorus:

You don’t have to change for me,
I love you anyway, just wait and see,
You can just be your self, it’s what I made you to be,
You don’t have to change, Oh please don’t change for me.

5 comments:

HIS daughter said...

Cody that made me want to cry and I haven't even actually heard it yet! Awesome song! :)

Dan said...

That is the coolest song ever!!!! I can't wait to hear the tune! Keep it up!!!!
~Dan

Moriah said...

That's awesome! Do you have a way to record your songs or a place to put them online? I'd love to hear it.

~Moriah

Scott Paris said...

Very cool! And that was just the words! Can't wait to hear what the music is like!

Anonymous said...

Cody this meant a lot to the mother of the one you wrote it for!
I praise God for this song and for its writer...