Sunday, May 10, 2009

Extreme Weekend (part two)

After a crazy extreme day of crunching metal, blood, broken glass, greasy McDonald's food, hospital beds, tears and laughs, we decided to STILL go as planned to the Bible study at the cafe and street witnessing in downtown Geneseo.

This would be the GOOD extreme. Even though I was REALLY tired and had a bad headache I decided that God obviously kept me alive earlier that day for a reason. So I decided to go, and DUDE! I'm glad I did! As soon as we hit the streets with the skateboards I felt totally alive and awake! It was THE night to do it, because it's a college town and all the students are finishing their work this week and Friday was the main party night. So there were tons of teens and college age people walking around.

We handed out maybe about 60 tracts and actually witnessed to about 15-20 people, handed out maybe 10 new testaments, it was AMAZING! And it was ALL on God's strength not mine because I was pretty much dead. I was able to witness to many of those people because of skateboarding so that was totally rad for me, that God could use what I do to reach dudes for him. And through playing music outside the cafe too! But the biggest conversation starter was the car wreck!

Just goes to show that God DOES work all things together for good for those who loves him. And although it's WAY easier to say it than to believe it, IT IS TRUE!!

Stay Extreme,
I'M OUT

6 comments:

God's Student said...

its awesome to see the fire inside your for God. Keep that fire alive! And fuel it with everything you got man! When I hear about how you guys are doing this awesome stuff, it makes me a little jealous that I wasn't living how I should have at that age...keep it up man! I'm praying for you guys. Love ya bro!

Dan said...

Loved the post!

mexicobound said...

I'm so thankful for your family! And I'm also thankful that you and Jenny got to share the Lord with people! God is good! Love ya :)

HIS daughter said...

God is so good! I am so thankful you got to witness to people and that the Lord was able to use the accident to start conversations!

Moriah said...

So glad everyone was okay (regarding part 1)! And as for part two, that is awesome! I'm glad you guys were able to witness to the people of Geneseo.

(I'll really have to meet up with all of you at the cafe sometime... :) )

Scott Paris said...

Glad you were able get the Good News out to so many in spite of your crazy day!